Anemia describes the condition in which the number of red blood cell or hemoglobin in the blood is low. Because of these someone with this condition is likely described by the doctors as having low blood counts.
Food and health communication has done some research and will be giving you some cause of anemia, types of anemia, symptoms of anemia, treatments, prevention, diets and some natural herbs for anemia.
CAUSES OF ANEMIA
– Blood loss and lack of red blood cell: loss of blood is one of the major cause of anemia. Blood loss can be triggered by anything like, mental flow, injuries/accidents, surgery,trauma,cancer or even donating of blood. When one loses a lot of blood in their body, the body may loss enough red blood cells which causes anemia.
Diet: lack of iron, folic acid (folate), or vitamin B 12 prevents the body from making enough red blood cell which causes anemia.
Disease and disease treatments: kidney diseases and cancers can make it difficult for your body to make enough red blood cells.people who have HIV /AIDS may develop anemia due to infections or drugs used to treat their ailment.
Pregnancy : yes, pregnancy can also cause anemia. Look, during the first 6 month of pregnancy, the fluid portion of a woman’s blood (the plasma) increases faster than the number of the red blood cells. This dilutes the blood and can lead to anemia.
Types of ANEMIA
* Iron deficiency anemia
* Aplastic anemia
* Hemolytic anemia
* Sickle cell anemia
* Pernicious anemia
* Fanconi anemia
Symptoms of ANEMIA
* decrease of energy (weakness)
* shortness of breath
* Light headedness (nausea)
* heart beat increase (palpitations)
* Chest pain, anigma or heart attack
* passing out
* Change in stool color, black or maroon and sticky and foul smell.
SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY
* Eat diets rich in iron
* Increase your vitamin c and folate intake
* eat food that has vitamin B12 in them
* Take B12 and folate supplements
* Use iron pot or pans for cooking.
DIET FOR ANEMIA
Eat fruits, vegetables,herbs, seed, nut and meat that are rich in iron, vitamin B12, vitamin c and folic acid . Some of these food/fruits are; banana , apple, pear, dark grapes, apricots, spinach, green onions, squash, carrot, beetroot,whole meat, brown rice, soya beans,sunflower seed, beans.
Note: food like egg white, white bread, sugar,dessert, coffee and tea should be avoided by anemics.
A person with anemia is called Anemic.
HERBS FOR ANEMIA TREATMENTS
* Aleo vera
* Iron weed
* yellow dock
* Celery seed
However, you may which to consult a medical professional or healthcare provider for medical advice before proceeding on Herbal Treatment.
Your health, they say is your wealth. Stay healthy, be happy and always remember that food and health communication is here to give you the best health tips.