Baked Potatoes with black bean salsa offers a variety of health benefits, it is rich in dietary fiber which is important for digestive health, it is a high source of protein which is essential for muscle repair, it is low in saturated fat which is a great option for weight loss and it is anti-oxidant rich which helps combat oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. Here’s a recipe on how to make this delicious dish.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
How to Make;
- Preheat your oven
- Scrub your potatoes clean and prick each severally with a fork.
- Rub your potatoes with olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- Put your potatoes in the oven and bake for about 60 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix your black beans, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion and cilantro.
- In another bowl, whisk your lime juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper together.
- Pour your dressing over the black bean salsa and mix well.
- Once your baked potatoes are ready, slice each open and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Spread a generous amount of the black bean salsa over each baked potato. Your meal is ready, serve immediately.
You can enjoy this flavorful dish as a main dish or a side. You can also customize the recipe with additional ingredients like cheese, sour cream, or avocadoas toppings.