Fruit kabobs are a healthy snack option that is nutrient-rich, and packed with essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which contribute to overall health and well-being. The sugar in fruits is natural which helps regulate blood sugar levels, and can satisfy sweet cravings compared to sugary snacks and desserts. Here’s a simple recipe on how to make fruit kabobs.
- Assorted fruits; strawberries, grapes, melon chunks, pineapple
- Wooden skewers
MUST READ: 6 Importance of Adequate Protein Intake
How to Make
- Wash the fruits and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes, it prevents it from burning during baking.
- Take a skewer and start threading the fruit pieces onto it, you can alternate colors and type of fruit to make it visually appealing.
- Once you have threaded the fruit, you can serve immediately or refrigerate them until ready to serve.
This is a great option for kids that don’t like taking fruits, it makes fruit eating visually appealing, and fun for them, you can also involve them in the making process. Feel free to customize recipe with the fruits of your choice.