A granola bar is a healthy snack made from rolled oats and other ingredients. They are considered healthy because they are packed with nutrients like Fiber, Vitamins, and Minerals. They are also a good source of energy due to their carbohydrate content. Here’s how to make this healthy snack from the comfort of your home.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of nuts ( almond, walnut, or peanuts)
- ½ cup of dried fruits ( raisins, apricots or cherries)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ of spices (cinnamon)
- ½ teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup nut butter (peanut butter)
- ½ cup of seeds (pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
How to Make
- Preheat your oven to 350OF, you can add your baking pan to pre-heat too (Square shaped baking pan is advisable).
- In a mixing bowl, combine your dried ingredients, rolled oats, nuts, dried fruits and seeds, and mix.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, add your vanilla extract, your honey or maple syrup, your unsalted butter or coconut oil, your nut butter, and cinnamon, and allow to melt properly.
- Pour the melted ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until it is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into your preheated baking pan, using the back of a spoon or spatula to evenly distribute.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 20- 25 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool, this would make the granola bars become firm.
- Once it is cool, using a knife, cut it into different shapes and bars. Your granola bar is ready.
Feel free to customize this recipe with your choice of ingredients, fruits, and sweeteners. You can also store your granola bar in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.