Radiant skin refers to healthy skin, there are many ways to achieve radiant and glowing skin, and this involves making changes in diet and lifestyle, and the use of dermatologist-approved products to achieve a radiant look. It is important to note that healthy skin equals radiant skin, and this does not mean healthy skin is perfect but smooth, with few blemishes, and adequately hydrated. Here are a few tips for maintaining radiant skin.
- Cleansers; cleansing products can help remove dirt, makeup, and excess oil from the skin, it is important to choose a cleanser that is gentle, PH balanced, and does not contain any harsh chemicals. A cleansing routine can be done immediately after waking up and before going to bed. Use warm water to rinse the face and pat the skin with a clean and dry towel.
- Moisturize; moisturize your skin with products that lock in moisture, moisturizers help the skin to maintain its natural look and prevent dryness, it is ideal to moisturize when your skin is still wet, this will help lock in extra moisture. People with oily skin may prefer an oil-free moisturizer, while people with dry skin may prefer something heavier to prevent dryness.
- Sun Screen; the UV light that comes from the sun can cause burning, skin damage, and wrinkles. It is important to apply a spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 when exposed to sunlight, this should be applied to exposed parts of the skin, especially around the eyes and neck to prevent premature aging and damage.
- Hydrate; to maintain healthy skin, it is important to always stay hydrated, the skin is made up of cells that need water to function well, so aim for at least 8 glasses of water per day. Besides drinking water, you can also use a hydrating mist to refresh your skin throughout the day.
- Healthy Diet; a healthy and balanced diet is one of the important tips to maintain radiant skin, consume fruits, vegetables, Omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins foods to promote healthy skin, eating healthy foods, and staying away from processed foods with lots of preservatives have a direct connection to a radiant skin.
- Avoid Hot Showers; running a hot water bath over your skin for a long period can strip your skin of oil leaving it looking tired and dull, try to limit extremely hot showers. Hot showers can cause redness and irritation for those with sensitive skin, it can also enhance conditions like rosacea, opt for lukewarm water instead of extremely hot water.
Achieving radiant skin starts with knowing your skin type, and then tailoring your skin routine to meet your specific skin needs. Consistency is key when creating a skincare routine, ensure you are consistent to achieve your desired results. Additionally, consult your dermatologist before creating your routine or using any product.