I know you want to loose weight and you should not be snacking, because majorly snacks are junks and these junks are not healthy for you at all, but do you know there are healthy snacks for you, infact some of them help you loose fat especially belly fat, so read along I would tell you five healthy snacks and their benefits.
1. Nuts; Nuts such as cashew nuts, groundnuts, walnuts are highly nutritious, they contain a healthy balance of Fats, proteins and fiber. Studies shows that Nuts are rich in Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated Fats that can help lower bad cholesterol levels which promote heart health. The healthy combination of healthy Fats, Protein and fiber helps to control appetite and reduce overeating which can lead to adding weight. Nuts also contains anti-inflammatory compounds such as Polyphenol, regular consumption of Nuts can help decrease inflammation makers in the body.
2. Dark Chocolates; Dark Chocolate is a good source of minerals such as, Iron, Manganese, and Copper. Due to its high cocoa content, Dark Chocolate contains antioxidants such as flavonoids which contribute to lowering the risk of chronic disease. It also help improve blood vessel function. Research have shown that Dark Chocolate helps brain health by enhancing cognitive function, improving memory and increasing blood flow to the brain.
3. Boiled Eggs; Boiled Eggs are complete source of protein, they contain all the amino acid required for various bodily functions. They are also good sources of Vitamins such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Vitamin B12. Boiled Eggs are relatively low in calories and high in protein which helps weight management and support healthy patterns. Moderate egg consumption is considered safe for people, the protein, healthy Fats and other nutrients can contribute to overall heart health when part of a balanced diet.
4. Popcorn; This is not your regular movie theatre popcorn, but air- popped popcorn with flavours like olive oil, cheese or nutritional yeast. When prepared in a healthy manner, they are rich in fiber, antioxidants and low in calories. As whole grain, Popcorn are rich in nutrients such as Minerals, Vitamins and Phytochemicals. They are also gluten free which is a great snack option for individuals with gluten sensitive or celiac disease.
5. Cheese; cheese is a rich source of nutrients such as Calcium, Protein, Vitamin A Zinc ans Selenium, these nutrients plays vital roles in maintaining healthy bones, teeth and muscles. Cheese also contains high quality protein which is necessary in building and repairing tissues in the body. Some type of cheese can promote healthy gut microbiome, improve digestion and enhance immune function.
In conclusion, it is important to note that individual responses to the above varies, also,it is advisable to consume them in moderation because in a bid to eat healthy, we don’t want to also bring harm to ourselves. So when next you feel like snacking and you’re tempted to reach out for your junks, try one of these instead. Eat healthy and stay healthy.