Dark chocolate-covered almonds can offer various health benefits, it is rich in antioxidants which can help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, potentially reducing oxidative stress. It also contains monounsaturated fats which can contribute to improved cardiovascular health by supporting lower blood pressure and improved blood flow. Here’s a recipe on how to make this healthy snack.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup whole almonds
How to Make
- Ensure your almonds are dry, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler or microwave.
- If using a microwave, heat in 20-30-second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Drop a handful of almonds into the melted chocolate.
- Using a fork or a chocolate dipping tool, coat each almond in chocolate.
- Place the chocolate-covered almonds on the prepared parchment-lined baking sheet, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Transfer the tray to the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden, this takes about 30 minutes to an hour.
MUST READ: Meal Planning
Your dark chocolate-covered almond is ready, you can store this in an airtight container in a cool place or the refrigerator, when properly stored, it can last up to a month. Feel free to customize the recipe based on your preferences.