Chia pudding is a delicious and nutritious dish made from chia seeds and other ingredients, chia seed pudding is a concentrated source of essential nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. This combination potentially helps with weight management by reducing overall calorie intake. Let’s explore this simple but healthy recipe.
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk (any milk of your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons of sweetener, maple syrup, or honey
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
How to Make;
- In a bowl, combine chia seeds, milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract if using.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined, making sure there is no lump.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 5 to 10 minutes, then whisk again.
- Cover the mixture, then refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, the chia seed will absorb the liquid making a pudding-like consistency.
- Stir before serving to ensure an even texture, you can also add more milk to adjust the consistency if needed.
You can experiment by adding flavors like cinnamon and nutmeg, you can also blend berries, mangoes, or bananas and mix with the chia pudding for a fruity twist. If you want a chocolate chia pudding, you can add cocoa powder and a little sweetener for that. Feel free to customize this recipe.