Are you in the same WhatsApp group as some persons trying to shed weight? Do you go for walks in the evenings, do you jog an hour every day or engaging in other physical activity? However, you climb the scale and the number you see is not encouraging you to continue the exercise routine? Don’t be quick to give up. Read on to find out more.
The numbers on the scale is not the only sign that your physical work out is paying off.
- Research has shown that exercising on a regular basis boosts your moods and leads to more productive in the work place. It is vital to know that weight loss takes time so be patience and don’t give up on your exercise routine.
- Your clothes are no longer as tight as it was before you started working out. This is a subtle sign to show that you work out is successful, when your clothes are a bit free when you wear them.
- You numbers on the scale may not change so much but the more you exercise the more energy you get. Regular work out helps your body to release endorphins which boosts your energy levels.
- Regular exercise means better sleep at night.
- Physical work out means less craving for sugary foods. This is because exercise releases serotonin, a mood-enhancing hormone. Exercise naturally provides us with a mood enhancer that we usually look for in sweets. Instead of making ourselves happy through food, exercise helps us achieve those feelings naturally, making it less likely for us to overeat sugary snacks. Exercise equals less craving for sugary foods and more weight loss.
- Exercise make you develop more endurance. You will notice that you can climb the stairs without panting.
In summary, the numbers on the scale is not the only bench mark used to measure if your work out is successful or not. There are other markers, like the ones listed above.
Discussion about this post