Chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans are a type of legume that is high in protein and fiber. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and fiber, they also contain folate, iron, and potassium. They offer a lot of health benefits such as reduced risk of heart disease, and improved blood sugar control, they are also low in calories making them a great choice for anyone trying to lose or maintain weight. Here’s a simple recipe on how to make this delicious and nutritious snack.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- I teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas
- Preheat your oven to 4000F
- Spread your drained chickpeas on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle your spices
- Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are crispy
- Let it cool, your chickpeas is ready
Feel free to customize this recipe with any spices and ingredients of your choice. You can store your chickpeas in a jar, which lasts for about 4 to 5 days before getting less crispy, but they are best enjoyed when crispy.